The Daily Drive – 13/09/17
Listen to the full show podcast with Nick Bennett and Kayley Harris:
– Despite it not hitting stores for over a week, there are already people queuing for the new iPhone. We chat about the phenomenon with Dr Tom Apperley who is a senior lecturer in New Media and Cultural Phenomenons at Deakin University.
– When natural disasters hit – like they are currently with the deadly storms in the Northern Hemisphere – what happens with your travel insurance? We chat to travel insurance expert Phil Sylvester about it.
– Comedian Wil Anderson chats about the return to the ABC of the show on all things advertising: Gruen.
– Sports from a different angle with Columnist, radio and TV reporter Mieke Buchan. She chats about V6s at Bathurst, cheerleaders fighting and a Socceroo copping a funny chant from English fans.
– The House of Dior is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year and the National Gallery of Victoria has an incredible exclusive exhibition honouring the revolution in fashion started by Christian Dior. Katie Somerville is the Senior Curator of Fashion and Textiles at the National Gallery of Victoria and she chats about it.
– Will Davies – CEO and co-founder of Car Next Door – chats about seven ways to slash your car expenses.
– Food expert Nerida Conway joins them to delve into the story of a bride getting married holding a bouquet of donuts.
– Brendan Shaw – CEO at Aussie Farmers Direct – chats about their Choose Your Own recipe packs direct from Aussie Farmers.
– Author Lucas Jordan chats about his new book Stealth Raiders: A Few Daring Men in 1918 which takes a look at a lesser known part of Australia’s World War One history.
Download this podcast here