Radio 2UE Talking Lifestyle Pty Ltd (2UE Talking Lifestyle) runs competitions across the station’s programs, including competitions that involve an element of chance in order to determine the winner (Games of Chance) and competitions that are games of skill, where the winner is determined by assessing entries against judging criteria.
In the case of Games of Chance, competitions whose prize value does not exceed $1000 are conducted under permit number LTPM-16-00763. When 2UE Talking Lifestyle conducts Games of Chance for prizes exceeding $1000 in value, a separate permit is obtained in NSW for the specific competition.
General Terms & Conditions for 2UE Talking Lifestyle Competitions
Effective: July 2016
By entering into a competition to win a Prize, you (You, Entrant) acknowledge and accept these general terms and conditions of entry (Terms), as amended by 2UE Talking Lifestyle from time to time and displayed on its web page at http://www.2uetalkinglifestyle.com.au.
Eligibility to win a Prize
In order to be eligible to win a Prize, You must:
● be a resident of New South Wales, unless otherwise specified or determined in 2UE Talking Lifestyle’s absolute discretion.
● Submit your entry so that it is received by the competition closing time (AEST/AEDT) and date. The time of entry will in each case be the time specified on the 2UE Talking Lifestyle website.
You are not eligible to enter a competition if You are a current employee or immediate family member of:
● the Macquarie Media Limited group of companies; and
● any other organisation associated with the specific competition
If You are under 18 years of age and You win a Prize, it may be awarded to Your parent or guardian, unless a competition contains an age eligibility requirement or is otherwise non-transferrable.
You can only enter each competition once unless otherwise specified.
How to Enter
Entry to competitions may be by phone, by the internet via 2UE Talking Lifestyle’s competition web page at http://www.2UE Talking Lifestyle.com.au/win, or by other means as determined by 2UE Talking Lifestyle from time to time.
For competitions requiring phone entry: The 2UE Talking Lifestyle number is 131 283.
Under these Terms, Prizes are defined as follows:
A Major Prize is a Prize that is between $500 and $1000 in value.
A Minor Prize is a Prize that is valued at up to $500.
Prize Notification, Restrictions and Fulfilment
The names of winners may be announced on-air, listed on2UE Talking Lifestyle’s website at http://www.2UE Talking Lifestyle.com.au/win or by contacting winners directly.
It can take up to six weeks for winners to receive their Prize.
Unless otherwise determined by 2UE Talking Lifestyle in its absolute discretion:
● only one Minor Prize can be won by an Entrant OR a member of the same household within an eight week period; and
● only one Major Prize can be won in a competition conducted by 2UE Talking Lifestyle or any station of the Macquarie Media Limited radio network by an Entrant within a twelve month period.
Winners cannot exchange Prizes for cash or for any other prize.
Once the prize has been dispatched by 2UE Talking Lifestyle or the third party responsible for administering the Prize, 2UE Talking Lifestyle does not accept responsibility regarding breakages or loss of parcel. In case of lost mail the winner will need to liaise directly with their local post office and replacements are not guaranteed.
In some cases, winners may be required to collect their Prize from the studios/reception of 2UE Talking Lifestyle. If a winner is unable to do so, the winner will have the option of incurring the cost of a courier or postage, or will forfeit the Prize.
If a Prize is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, 2UE Talking Lifestyle reserves the right to exchange the prize for something of equal or greater value.
In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the Prize in the time stipulated by 2UE Talking Lifestyle then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
When a Prize is for entry to or participation in a show, concert or an event (Event), and the Event is cancelled, 2UE Talking Lifestyle is not liable to replace the Prize as such Prizes are conditional upon the Event taking place. Replacement Prizes will be at the discretion of the 2UE Talking Lifestyle.
Information Collection and Privacy
Entrants may be required to provide their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, email, address, phone number and correct answer. Incomplete entries will not be included in the draw.
All entrants’ details are automatically entered on the 2UE Talking Lifestyle promotions database. A record of all winners is also maintained.
By entering into a competition, you consent to your personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988) being used for direct marketing by 2UE Talking Lifestyle and prize providers of competitions conducted by 2UE Talking Lifestyle, as well as for the purpose of distribution of Prizes by 2UE Talking Lifestyle and third parties. You can elect to opt-out at any time by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ when you receive direct marketing material.
By entering a 2UE Talking Lifestyle competition, You acknowledge and agree that:
1. Throughout the competition period, 2UE Talking Lifestyle may contact Entrants to interact with the station on-air / online / in social media in relation to the competition.
2. Entrants may be required by 2UE Talking Lifestyle to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
3. It is a condition of Entry that 2UE Talking Lifestyle has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any competition or matter incidental to the competition. By agreeing to enter, You consent to your entry being broadcast on air and to Your telephone and other conversations with 2UE Talking Lifestyle or its representatives being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. You will not be compensated for this use.
4. 2UE Talking Lifestyle and its representatives may conduct security and ID verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter a competition and win the Prize.
5. 2UE Talking Lifestyle has the right to temporarily or permanently disqualify any person from taking part in any competitions if, in its sole discretion, 2UE Talking Lifestyle deems that person to have broken the rules of the general prize giveaways.
6. All decisions by 2UE Talking Lifestyle are final and at the discretion of 2UE Talking Lifestyle. No discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
7. If entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges 2UE Talking Lifestyle may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
a. Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by 2UE Talking Lifestyle and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the competition and redeem a Prize; and
b. Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by 2UE Talking Lifestyle in order to participate further in the competition and redeem a Prize.
8. You release from, and indemnify 2UE Talking Lifestyle and Macquarie Media Limited against, all loss, (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage, expense and personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) arising from the participation in a competition or acceptance of a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
9. Where a specific competition is subject to additional terms, in the event of any inconsistency between the additional terms and these Terms, the additional terms will supersede these Terms in relation to the inconsistency only.
10. Notwithstanding any other condition of these specific competition rules, Radio 2UE Talking Lifestyle reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time and for any reason whatsoever, subject to any regulatory requirements.
11. 2UE Talking Lifestyle is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing You from successfully participating in a competition.
12. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by 2UE Talking Lifestyle. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by 2UE Talking Lifestyle will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, 2UE Talking Lifestyle makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
13. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the Prize supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of any competition-specific terms. 2UE Talking Lifestyle takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
14. 2UE Talking Lifestyle accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.